Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages

Go down

The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Empty The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages

Post by PM Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:11 am

By Brother Musa
http://muslimspeak.wordpress.com/2008/07/03/the-kalimahshahadah-in-various-languages/

If one were to search the net they would find various pages dedicated to demonstrating how to say and write ‘I love you’ in as many languages as those making the list can compile. One might also find less meaningful phrases such as ‘Where is the bar?’ or ‘Cheers!’. For any Muslim there is indeed no phrase more dear to them than the Shahādah or the Kalimah, so I decided to compile such a list for surely it would be far more useful and beloved to us than any other phrase. For those wondering, the shahādah and the kalimah are not the exact same thing, rather they are 2 similar phrases. Basically, the Shahādah is in English - “I testify that there is no god but Allah, and I testify that Muħammad is the Messenger of Allāh” whereas the kalimah is “There is no god but Allāh, Muħammad is the Messenger of Allah“. The shahādah then is when one expresses their belief in the kalimah. The word shahādah itself means ‘testimony’ and the word kalimah means either ‘phrase’ or ‘that which is spoken’, granting to this specific phrase the honour of being the most beloved and central phrase to a Muslim so much so that it only needs to be called ‘the phrase’ almost as if it were saying it were ‘the phrase of phrases’. It is commonly said in error that the shahādah appears on the flag of Saudi Arabia, I hear this commonly amongst non-Muslim vexillogists (those who study flags) and possibly from this influence also Muslims repeating this. When the kalimah is displayed it is commonly mistakenly referred to as the shahādah. As the above explanation would show, the kalimah is what appears on the Saudi Arabian flag, not the shahādah, the 2 although similar are indeed different things. For the time being I have supplied only the kalimah where available, however some of the additions are the longer shahādah. I will identify those which are the shahādah with a star (*) after the phrase so as to not confuse between the two. There are currently 80 translations available and 11 transliterations. If you can help add to this list please let me know! If you can speak the following languages also it would be a great help if you could proof read the translations before I put them up - Kurdish, Malayalam or Wolof.

Arabic -

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

“There is no god but Allāh, Muħammad is the Messenger of Allah“
(lā ‘ilāha ‘illallāh muħammadur-rasūlullāh)

Translations

English - There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah

Afrikaans - Daar geen ander god as Allah nie, en Mohammed is sy profeet

Albanian (Shqip) - Dëshmoj se nuk meriton kush adhurim pos Allahut dhe se nuk meriton kush pasim pos Muhammedit që është rob dhe i dërguar i Tij*

Azerbaijani (Azərbaycan) - Şahid dururam ki, Allahdan başqa heç bir tanrı yoxdur və şahid dururam ki, Məhəmməd Allahın elçisidir *

Azerbaijani (Cyrillic script) (Азәрбајҹан) - Шаһид дурурам ки Аллаһдан башга һеч бир танры jохдур вə шаһид дурурам ки, Мəһəммəд Аллаһын елчисидир *

Basque (Euskara) - Ala da Jainko bakarra eta Mahoma da bere profeta

Belarusian (Беларуская) - Няма Бога апрача Алаха і Мухамад пасланец яго

Belarussian (Tarashkevitsa) - Вера ў Бога і тое, што Мухаммад Ягоны пасланьнік

Bosnian (Bosanski) - Svjedočim da nema drugog boga osim Allaha, i svjedočim da je Muhammed Božiji rob i Božiji Poslanik*

Breton (Brezhoneg) - Ur feizad a dlee anzav eo Allah (anv arabeg Doue) an doue nemetañ ha eo bet Mouhammad e brofed

Bulgarian (Български) - Вярвам, че няма друг бог освен Аллах и Мухаммед е Негов пратеник

Catalan (Català) - No hi ha cap Déu tret de Déu, i Muhàmmad n’és el profeta

Cebuano (Sinugbuanon) - Akong gitabi nga walay laing angayan nga simbahon kondili ang Ginoo lamang ug mitabi usab ako nga si Muhammad ang Propeta sa Ginoo *

Chechen (Нохчийн) - АллахI воцург кхин Дела а вац, Мухьаммад Цуьнан элча а ву аьлла

Chinese (中文) - 万物非主,惟有真主,穆罕默德是真主的使者
The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Chinese2ee6

Croatian (Hrvatski) - Nema drugog Boga, osim Allaha, a Muhamed je Božiji rob i Božiji poslanik

Czech (Čeština) - Není Boha kromě jediného a opravdového Boha, Muhammad je Prorokem Božím

Dutch (Nederlands) - Ik getuig dat er geen godheid is dan God, ik getuig dat Mohammed Gods boodschapper is

Esperanto - Estas neniu dio krom Dio, kaj Mohameto estas la profeto de Dio

Estonian (Eesti) - Kuulutan, et ei ole jumalat peale Jumala, ja kuulutan, et Muhammad on Jumala saadik*

Farsi - هیچ خدایی جز الله وجود ندارد ، محمد پیامبر الله‌ است
The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Farsi5nc0

Faroese (Føroyskt) - Tað er ongin gud uttan Gud, og Muhammed er profetur hansara

French (Français) - Il n’y a pas d’autre Dieu qu’Allah et Mohammed est Son messager

Friulian (Furlan) - A nol è Diu fûr di Allāh e Maomet al è il messazîr di Allāh

Gaelic (Gaeilge) - Níl de dhia ach Dia, agus is é Muhammad A theachtaire

German (Deutsch) - Es gibt keinen gott außer Gott, Mohammed ist der Gesandte Gottes

Greek (Ελληνικά) - Θεός δεν είναι παρά ο Αλλάχ και Προφήτης Του είναι ο Μωάμεθ
The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Greek1jg4

Hawaiian (Hawai’i) - ʻAʻohe akua koe Ke Akua (Allāh); ʻo Mohameka ka ʻelele a Ke Akua

Hebrew - אין אלוהים מבלעדי אללה ומוחמד שליח אללה
The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Hebrewor0

Hindi - ईश्वर के सिवा और कोई देवता नहीं और मुहम्मद ईश्वर के दूत हैं
The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Hindiek0

Hungarian (Magyar) - Tanúsítom, hogy nincs más isten Istenen kívül, és tanúsítom, hogy Mohamed Isten Prófétája *

Icelandic (Íslenska) - Það er enginn guð nema Guð; Múhameð er spámaður Guðs

Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia) - Tiada Tuhan yang berhak disembah selain Allah, Muhammad adalah utusan Allah

Italian (Italiano) - Non c’è divinità se non Dio (Allàh), Muhammad è il Messaggero di Dio

Japanese (日本語) - 一人の神様しか他に神はない、ムハンマドは神様の使徒(預言者)です
The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Japaq0

Javanese (Bahasa Jawa) - Aku anyekseni menawa ora ana sesembahan ingkang haq kajaba Allah, lan aku anekseni menawa Muhammad kuwi utusan Allah*

Kazakh (Қазақша) - Аллаһтан басқа тәңір жоқ, Мұхаммед оның елшісі

Cornish (Kernewek) - Nyns eus dyw saw Dyw; Mahomm yw kannas Dyw

Korean (한국어) - 하나님 이외에 다른 신은 없으며 무함마드는 하나님의 예언자
The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Korean5iy2

Lak (Лакку) - Нет иного божества, кроме Аллаха, Мухаммад посланник Его

Latin - Non est deus praeter Deum et Machometus est nuntius Dei
The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Latindr8

Latvian (Latviešu) - Nav cita dieva kā Dievs un Muhameds ir Dieva ziņnesis

Luxembourgish (Lëtzebuergesch) - Et gëtt nëmmen ee Gott, Mohammed ass dem Allah säi Prophéit

Macedonian (Македонски) - Нема друг бог освен Аллах и Мухаммед е Божјиот пратеник

Malaysian (Bahasa Melayu) - Tiada tuhan melainkan Allah; Muhammad ialah pesuruhnya

Maltese (Malti) - M’hemmex alla ħlief Alla l-waħdieni li m’ għandux xirka , u Muħammed ir-rasul tiegħu

Mongolian (Монгол) - Аллахаас өөр бурхан үгүй, Мухаммэдээс өөр элч байхгүй гэдгийг гэрчилж байна

Norman (Nouormand) - N’y'a qu’un dgieu est qu’Mahoummé est san prophète

Norwegian (Norsk/Bokmål) - Det finnes ingen Gud unntatt Allah, og Muhammed er Hans sendebud

New Norwegian (Nynorsk) - Ikkje finst nokon annan gud enn Alláh, og Muḥammad er Bodberaren åt Alláh

Pashto - نشته بل کوم خدای يا معبود پرته د الله نه او محمد د الله پيغمبر دی
The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Pashtoqb8
PM
PM
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-08-02

http://pinoymuslims.com

Back to top Go down

The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Empty Re: The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages

Post by PM Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:14 am

Polish (Polski) - Nie ma boga prócz Allaha, a Mahomet jest Jego prorokiem - Polish

Portuguese (Português) - Não há outro deus além de Deus; Muhammad é o mensageiro de Deus

Quechua (Runa Simi) - Huklla Dyusmi kan, Muhamad-qa paypa willaq runanmi

Romanian (Română) - Nu există alta divinitate in afară de Allah (Dumnezeu), iar Muhammad este trimisul lui Allah

Russian (Русский) - Нет Божества достойнного поклонения, кроме Аллаха, Мухаммед посланник Аллаха

Serbian (Српски) - Нема Бога осим Бога, а Мухамед је његов пророк

Sicilian (Sicilianu) - Esisti un Diu sulu Allah e Muhammadu è lu sò prufeta

Slovak (Slovenčina) - Niet boha okrem Boha a Muhammad je posol Boží

Slovene (Slovenščina) - Ni božanstva razen Boga; Mohamed je Božji prerok

Somali (Soomaaliga) - Waxaan qira’yaa in uusan jirin ilaah, Allaah mooyee, waxana qirayaa in uu Muxamed yahay rasuulkii Allaah *

Spanish (Español) - No hay más dios que Alá y Muhammad es el mensajero de Dios

Sundanese (Bahasa Sunda) - Teu aya pangéran anging Allah; sarta Muhammad rosul Allah

Finnish (Suomi) - Ei ole muuta jumalaa kuin Jumala ja Muhammad on Hänen lähettiläänsä

Swahili (Kiswahili) - Hakuna mungu ila Alla, Muhammad ni mtume wa Allah

Swedish (Svenska) - Jag bekänner att det inte finns någon gud utom Allah, och att Muhammed är hans profet *

Tagalog/Filipino - Walang ibang diyos maliban kay Allah, si Muhammad ang sugo ni Allah

Tajik (тоҷикӣ) - Нест Худое, ба уз Алло ва Муҳаммад расули ӯст

Tatar (Tatarça) - Inanu, Allahnıñ berlegen, Möxämmädneñ şäyğämbärlegen tanu

Tatar (Cyrillic script) (Татарча ) - Ынану АллаҺның берлеген, Мөхәммәднең шәйгъәмбәрлеген тану

Tausūg - Wayruun tuhan malaingkan ha Allah, hi Muhammad in rasul sin Allah

Telugu (తెలుగు) - లా ఇలాహ ఇల్లల్లాహు ముహమ్మదుర్ రసూలుల్లాహ్
The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Telugufx0

Turkish (Türkçe) - Tanıklık ederim ki hiçbir İlah yoktur, ancak Allah vardır ve yine tanıklık ederim ki Muhammed onun kulu ve elçisidir *

Ukrainian (Українська) - нема Бога крім Аллаха, Мухаммад посланець Його

Urdu - نہیں معبود کوئی سواۓ اللہ کے محمد پیغمبر اللہ ہیں
The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Urdu7dw3

Venetian (Vèneto) - Dio el xe uno solo e Maometo el xe el so profeta

Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt) - Allah là Đấng Duy Nhất để phụng thờ (incomplete)

Walloon (Walon) - Li croeyance å Bon Diu et a Mawoumet come si (dierin) messaedjî

Welsh (Cymraeg) - Nid oes Duw ond Duw a Mohamed yw Negesydd Duw

Yiddish - קיינער איז נישט ווערט מען זאל אים דינען נאר גאט אליין, און אז מוחמד איז דער שליח פון גאט (Pronunciation - keyner iz nisht vert men zol im dinen nor got aleyn, un muchamad iz der sheliyekh fun got)
The Kalimah & the Shahādah in Various Languages Yiddishll3
PM
PM
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-08-02

http://pinoymuslims.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum